12.2.14

Wantable box!




Hi guys, today I would like to introduce you to Wantable, an American beauty box company who have recently launched in the UK, providing ladies with a monthly box of hand-picked make-up! In concept, they are similar to other beauty box subscriptions like Glossybox, for example. However, unlike Glossybox, Wantable have you fill out an online questionaire for you to grade your makeup likes and dislikes and preferred category of makeup item in your box. This means that you will never receive an item you don't like and you are more likely to receive items that you love.
The box retails at $36, which equates to about £21.90 a month. Although this is a more expensive beauty box, the contents is much more valuable (mine came in at over $80.) Also, you are guaranteed to have 4-5 full-sized products that are all higher-end brands, most of which are US based.

Wantable were kind enough to send me a box to review on my blog to help spread the word about their UK launch. I was delighted to receive my box the other day, and was hugely impressed by the contents....


So this is what the box looked like upon arrival, it looks well travelled having crossed the Atlantic all the way from Milwaukee!





So i'll talk you through each product in the box, how Wantable describe the product and what my own personal thoughts are...




Baci-Baci Lip Sheer Cloister Sunrise by La Bella Donna: 'This sheer, mineral-based lip colour features a silky texture that hydrates the lips with sodium hyaluronate while gorgeous colour accentuates and defines. Botanicals work with vitamins A,C and E to condition, nourish and protect, resulting in smoother and healthier lips. The convenient, pen-like applicator features an attached brush that makes every application simple and enjoyable. Beauty tip: Wear over your favourite lipstick or lip liner to add some shine!'

I actually really like this product, i've never come across any La Bella Donna products before but I think the packaging is awesome for a lip colour! This retails at $26.50, so about £16.04 so it's relatively expensive for a lip product, a lovely treat!




Universal brow pencil by Biollion Dollar Brows: 'Formulated to work with all skin tones and hair colours, this amazing eyebrow pencil goes on smooth and natural. Perfect for creating beautiful, natural brows whether you are a blonde or a brunette. Best of all, the Billion Dollar Brow Pencil is automatic, it aways stays sharp and requires no pencil sharpener. Beauty tip: For darker skin tones and hair colours, apply the pencil until you've reached the desired shade. Use less pencil for lighter skin tones and hair colours. Blend using the brush end of the pencil.'

This brow pencil is really lovely, it works very well when used with the brush to blend in the colour and looks very natural. I only need a tiny amount to define my brows so this is going to last me a long long time! It retails at $18, which equates to about £10.90. I would probably spend the same amount on a brow pencil, but thanks to Wantable, I don't have to bother now!



Prime Foundation brush by Michael Marcus: 'The perfect brush for applying foundation, concealer or primer. This brush is made from super fine Taklon. Beauty tip: This brush will allow you to expertly apply product to all areas of the face.'

I was secretly hoping I would receive a Michael Marcus tool, having heard about them a few months ago via other blogs. This is a quality makeup brush which is very soft to the touch. Simple detail, but I really like the colour of the handle too! This retails at $20/£12.11 which is a nice mid-range price, I could see myself buying more of these!





NCLA Nail Lacquer in Laurel Canyon Lolita: 'This is not your ordinary fuchsia. It is, and dare we say it, grown up! This baby was born and raised in Laurel Canyon, so she's wise beyond her years. We're proudly "5 Free" luxury nail lacquer, meaning we are not only 100% free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde, but also of camphor and animal testing. Because we love our furry friends and toxins aren't fashionable. Dreamed up and concocted in sunny L.A. Beauty tip: Finish you mani off with a high quality top coat to seal it in with a durable high gloss finish.'

What a beautifully packaged nail polish! I really love the opening on the top that says 'Enjoy a little Californian love on your fingertips.' I think it really helps to place this product and connects you with what is currently relevant in American makeup trends....if like me, you happen to be interested in that kind of thing lol. Gorgeous colour though, it paints a little darker than the photo shows. I could enjoy wearing this colour all year round, but I think it will look especially lovely in the autumn! This retails at $16/£9.68, so its definitely up there with brands like Essie and O.P.I, but worth the spend though, its hardwearing and lasts nicely for a good few days.




Sorme under foundation makeup enhancer sample: 'This light, fast drying under foundation makeup enhancer instantly evens out skin discolourations, smoothes skin texture, and fills in fine lines and wrinkles so that makeup up goes on evenly and lasts far longer without touchups. A powerful blotting ingredient holds up to 10 times its weight in oils for a shine-free, poreless finish. Super antioxidants of green tea, grape seed extract, and pomegranate help repair free radical damage. Hyaluronic acid keeps skin hydrated without oils. Beauty tip: After cleansing and moisturising skin, apply a small amount evenly over entire face. Allow to dry. Apply powder or liquid foundation on top.'

I quite enjoyed using this sample, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a little staying power in their makeup, but I've always been quite satisfied with my foundation, mine does stay on all day. This does, however, have a lovely silky texture and absorbs quickly into the skin, but I don't massively feel I need it in my life right now! A full size 30ml bottle retails at $28.50 on Amazon, so that would be about £17.23.

So that is everything I received in this month's Wantable box, I definitely recommend you check out their website to find out more, you can also subscribe to their other boxes: the accessories box and the intimates box!

That's all for now,
Love Bunty
xXx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig